Thank you so much to everyone who attended the public meeting yesterday.
Today in Tynwald DHSC committed to work towards to a short and long term solution, with an amendment to a motion which Tynwald unanimously approved. This is good news for the Corrin Home and for the West. Here is the motion below.
1) recognises the status of the Corrin Memorial Home as a private care home and the Trustees and Directors as the responsible persons for the decisions related to it.
2) notes that the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC) remains committed to ensuring the long term future provision of care services in the West of the Island and will engage with the community and the trustees to allow for full consideration of the options such as refurbishment and redevelopment;
3) requests the DHSC, in association with Manx Care where appropriate, develop a clear strategy for the future provision of care services in the West;
4) instructs the DHSC to engage in further discussions with the Trustees and Directors of the Corrin Memorial Home to secure the property, land and curtilage for the future provision of care in the West of the Island; and that the Department of Health and Social Care will work with the trustees to ensure a minimum notice period of six months for residents, if a notice is regrettably necessary.
5) requests that the provision of care in the West of the Island should include the implementation and development of integrated care services.
6)and requests the Department to report back to Tynwald in October on progress